A Frontline Force of Hope
It's always been tough being a kid ...
Today, it's even tougher. Our kids are facing more serious issues and shouldering more burdens than ever before, and that's where school chaplaincy comes in.
- SU Qld 'chappies' in state schools provide spiritual and emotional support to school communities.
- They are in the prevention and rescue business - helping students find a better way to deal with issues ranging from family breakdown, low self esteem and loneliness to drug
- abuse, depression and suicide. They provide a listening ear and a caring presence for kids in crisis and those who just need a friend. They also provide support for staff and parents in school communities.
- SU Qld School Chaplaincy is an exciting, cutting-edge youth and children's ministry opportunity in our own backyard. Provision of National School Chaplaincy Program (NSCP)
- funding by the Federal Government has created opportunities for numerous new Chaplaincy positions throughout Queensland.
What chaplains do
- Build positive relationships with students
- Foster a supportive, caring school community
- Work closely with other support staff and services to nurture and care for students
- Support at-risk students through behaviour management programs
- Support staff and families from the wider school community
- Provide spiritual support and direction to the school community
- Run activities, school breakfasts and other programs for students
Rusanne 'Rusty' JourdanMusgrave Hill State School Chaplain
Visit the Scripture Union School Chaplaincy website for more information